Friday, July 31, 2009

A Long Week of Events!

Well if you follow this blog you know that it has been a while since I have posted. I am sorry for the lack of communication this week. It has been a long week. Noel was in Kansas this week and then I have five children.

I did get some things done this week and some things happened so here is the scoop on this past week:

I finally finished the chalkboard that is in the playroom. Here are a picture. Look Noel and I have TWO dates in August. Yeah for us.



My mother came with my newphew, Aiden, for a couple of days. We played outside in the morning when it was not so hot. One morning we were playing and Elijah wanted to climb one of our trees and got bit by ants. Or if you ask him he will say "bugs bite." We had to wrap his legs in cold wraps and put on ice. We gave him Motrin and an anti-inflammatory. Here is a picture of his legs, I felt so bad.



Also this week we have been praying for rain and on Thursday we got our prayer answered.



I let the "safari" play in the rain and they really enjoyed it. If you want to see more pictures then you can see them on the side in the July 2009 pictures. Hannah even played in the rain. They had a blast and it was nice to have the temperature go down and there be no humidity. I felt bad for Colton who did not get to play in the rain because he cannot walk.

Noel got home yesterday and we are glad that his travel season is done and that he will be home for the next couple of months. We are grateful for a wonderful week and an eventful week. I hope that each of you had a good week. I am working on the "safari's" quiet books and will start to post the pages that I finish. It is taking a long time because I have to make 5 pages for each activity. I am hoping to be done by Christmas, which means that I have to do 15 pages a month. yeah!





2 comments:

our little family of 4 said...

I am so glad that he is back in town!!! I also love your chalkboard. We just made a 'family board' but I am really digging the chalkboard, I might need to copy!
And by the way, Elijah with the guitar below is the cutest thing EVER!!! He and my Eli would get along so well!

Erin

Unknown said...

I am so glad that Noel is done with traveling also, as I am sure he is also. I am glad Elijah did not have any lasting problems from the ant bites. I loved spending time with them and look forward to seeing them again very soon. Love Nana