Monday, June 15, 2009

Separation Anxiety

For a couple weeks Elijah and Joshua were roommates. We thought that this would be a good idea because Joshua is such a mellow child and is very easy going that the transition would be good for both sides. That meant that Jacob and Esther were still roommates but without Joshua.

I spent the night at my parent's house the night before the big cook marathon, and I had Elijah and Esther with me. That meant that Joshua and Jacob were in separate rooms and their roommates were with me. Jacob did not have any problems with having Esther out of the room because that meant that he got to go to sleep faster and without any drama. Now Joshua did not take it so well. Noel told me when I called that Joshua was very upset and that when he went in to check on him this is what he saw.





Joshua had taken all the blankets, pillows and animals from both his bed and Elijah's bed and decided that he needed to sleep with all of them because he was all alone. I felt sad for Joshua, because really in his entire life he has slept alone maybe 2 times and I am counting this one.

Since then we have made some changes to the roommate situation. Joshua is a follower and gets in way too much trouble with Elijah as a roommate so we made a switch. Esther and Elijah are roommates and Jacob and Joshua are roommates, the E's and the J's. The current sleeping arrangements seem to be working just fine. Who knew that parenting was and is all about trial and error anyway. LOL


2 comments:

cheryl said...

Poor guy! How cute is that?
Hope you're able to resolve the sleeping situation now. ;o)

Jen said...

oh that is just so cute, he really loves his brother.