Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Dorthy where is Toto?

So being a Type A personality I have decided that doing 15 pages a month for the quiet book was not enough and so now I am making the "safari" their Halloween Costumes. They are going to be the characters in the Wizard of Oz.

Esther is going to be Dorthy, Hannah is Glynda, Joshua the lion, Jacob the tin man and Elijah the scarecrow. So guess what? Dorthy is done.

I made the costumes a size bigger then their measurements and then kept the seam allowances so that next year I just have to take some seams out and I will be ready for next year. I am excited about this adventure and hopefully I am not up all night the night before finishing.

Halloween is going to be great for Noel and I because the entire "safari" can be a movie cast or we could even be the Seven dwarfs one year. The possibilities. I thought that I would share what Esther looks like in her costume.



4 comments:

gwyneth said...

Too cute! I thought for sure Hannah would be toto. I guess she isn't that substantially smaller. Great job on Dorothy!

cheryl said...

Adorable! Seriously...way to go! Your kids will have some super sweet memories from all the love that their mom put into things for them.
I know I do!

Nanna & Papa said...

What a sweetheart. I thought Esther was going to be Glenda. Either way they will be so cute for Halloween. I love you and keep up the good work. See you on Saturday. Love Mom

CW said...

She is absolutely darling. What a fun undertaking.