Thursday, September 17, 2009

Elijah part II

As I promised the video of Elijah saying is verses on camera. Let me just say that we are proud of Elijah but apparently he wants to make sure that Nana is around. Enjoy.



He is such a cutie. The other day though he gave us a scare that I do not want to go through again. We were having small group and the kids were watch a movie in the other room. All of a sudden Elijah comes into the room where we were and shows me is "ouie" he had sliced his palm and was bleeding. So I hurry into the kitchen to find another child holding the knife and trying to cut watermelon. You see my son had gotten a chair, climbed onto the chair and decided that he could cut his own watermelon. With the mixture of watermelon juice and blood it was not a pretty site. Everything is fine and Elijah is almost all healed. God gives us these moments to remind us that our children are not ours but His and that we need to cherish them everyday even when they are being hard on the stress level and the sanity.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just as God said, "Suffer not the little children to come to me". It is so precious to see my grandson speaking scripture. My heart is so full right now I am crying. I am so pleased and I know God is that you and Noel are teaching your children at a young age the Word of God. The Word tells us that "If I hide His word in my heart, I will not sin against Him." Keep on doing what you are doing for as you said these children are not yours but God's gift to you to help mold into the young men and women that God wants them to be. I love you all very, very much and I am so grateful to God that He has allowed me to be a grandmother and to be part of their lives. Thank you also for that. Mom