Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Sickness

Tuesday I traveled to my parent's house to spend the day up there and to celebrate my nephew's 2nd birthday. While there Joshua had a fever and was not feeling well. When we got home the kids went to bed, and I cleaned-up the house from that morning's hectic adventure to get to my parent's house. It is not easy getting 5 children ready and packed to spend the day at my parent's house. I feel that I am pretty good at doing this and manage to only take two bags, not my entire house.

Before I went to bed I checked on Joshua and he was burning up. I gave him some medicine and went to bed. This morning his fever was still there and he did not feel well. Mothers, you know that look in your child's eyes that just tells you they do not feel well and that they want mommy. So I took him to the sick clinic that my pediatricians office has. We got to see our pediatrician and found out that Joshua has an ear infection and a sinus infection. YEAH! Oh and that he is contagious.

That means that everyone is going to get sick because there is no way that I can make sure that my children do not pass germs among themselves. So later this afternoon Esther and Jacob also had fevers. Now I am waiting for Elijah to get sick as well. Hannah is safe for the most part because she does not interact with the other children that much and I can control that aspect of her freedom. But getting the other children to just drool on themselves, not drink after each other, not share their snacks and do not sneeze on each other is almost impossible.

Please pray that the sickness goes away quickly. Also that I grow some more limbs on my body to hold and cuddle with all the sick children that just want to sit in my ONE lap.

I am grateful that my mother is here to help me while Noel is gone this week. I think that I would have to be put into a mental hospital if I did not have my mother. I love her so much and appreciate all the things she does for me and my family. From the friendship that we share to the bathing of the kids, I am grateful. I love you mom.

2 comments:

cheryl said...

So sorry!!! Praying that everyone gets well quickly, and that YOU stay healthy!

Marti said...

Bless your heart! I'll be praying that it passes quickly and that you, your mom, and Hannah can be spared!