Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Save Me!

Every night the routine is the same. We eat dinner then we play inside or outside. The play room is cleaned up and the helpers are rewarded. Depending on the activities of the day determines if we have a bath. Get dressed for bed, prayers and then it is night time. Now Elijah gets special treatment. He has his own room and we allow him to have toys in his room and he gets his light on so that he can have "alone" time. Then when Noel and I go to bed then we turn the light off and if we have to pick him up from the floor and put him in his bed.

Every once in a while he will still be up when we go to bed. If that happens we go in his room make him get into bed and then we turn the light off. Now that is a traumatic event in his life because he does not like the dark and being alone. Well last night was one of those nights. I went into his room and made him get in his bed and then I prayed with him (5 times) and then turned the light off. You would have thought that I had taken everything from his room and that he was standing in his room with nothing. About five minutes later I did not hear anymore sounds and so I went to check on him. Poking out from the bottom of the door was his little fingers. I had to laugh because it looked like he was trying to figure a way out of his room. Don't worry Elijah one day soon you will have some sleeping companions and then you will wish that you could sleep in the dark all by yourself.

2 comments:

cheryl said...

I think you hit the nail on the head when you said latter he'll wish he could sleep in the dark by himself.
I know I'm always saying this, but it's so fun that you're documenting all these things now.
Sweet and funny memories!

HornFamily said...

I would love to see the expression on his face in that picture!