Monday, March 30, 2009

The Other Side

Most of the time when Noel and I do something with the "safari" we are not in the pictures because either we are taking the picture or distracting the "safari" so that the other can take the picture. I love the male look. Those are all the men in my life. I pray everyday that the boys will grow up to the husband, father, son and friend that Noel is.


This picture is nothing but love and laughter. I love the smile on both their faces. Do you think they are having fun? Our "safari" gets a lot of that from Noel. I love the look in their eye's when daddy comes home and they know that it is wrestling time. Jacob is the one that thinks that gravity is for people without imagination and ambition. When you see Noel ask him how that feels to know that your son has no fear of gravity.

That is my "safari", they may look tame but that is just the moment that I caught on camera. They are all over the place. I cannot imagine life without them. My "safari" is so unique in their own way and I love each of them for that. Noel and I were talking the other day about what God has done in our lives. We have been blessed with FIVE wonderful children and I am glad that I am NOT in control because only GOD could have known that this is true happiness. Would you have picked it?
I left this picture for last because this is the true nature of my "safari." No one wants to cooperate and everyone looks so innocent even the little one. These are the moments that make me smile and laugh because I can only imagine what it is going to be like in 6 months, 1 year, 5 years, 10 years. What a journey Noel and I are going to have. May you enjoy even these moments and cherish them. Enjoy our out takes and laugh with us.

3 comments:

cheryl said...

Super sweet! Love both shots of all the kiddos! Priceless.

Cheng family said...

Wait, why is there a 6th child in the last pic?

Unknown said...

I love the way you talk about your children and your husband. You can tell that your feelings for them are real. These are the things that matter most in life. Not fame, fortune, success, but a relationship with Jesus and with what He has entrusted to you and Noel. Also for the husband he is to you and the wife you are to him. Nothing else can compare. You are living the good life. Even though at times it is hetic, you still see the joy of it. I love that you are my daughter and I get to be a part of your lives. I thank God for you. Love mom